More people are becoming aware of the way that health issues can manifest in the mouth and oral health issues can exacerbate other medical conditions. With serious issues like heart disease being responsible for so many deaths in the U.S., your clients may be interested in learning how good dental health can improve overall health. If your clients’ employees have medical conditions that affect their oral health, SmileWay® Wellness Benefits may be available to help meet their needs.
Who’s eligible for SmileWay Wellness Benefits?
Not everyone is eligible for SmileWay Wellness benefits. To claim these benefits, Delta Dental members must:
- Have a Delta Dental PPO™ plan
- Belong to a group that offers SmileWay Wellness Benefits
- Have chosen to opt in to the program
Additionally, members must have been diagnosed with any of the following to be eligible for expanded coverage:
- Heart disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
What are the benefits?
Those whose plans offer SmileWay Wellness Benefits are eligible for these added benefits each calendar or contract year:
- 100% coverage for one scaling and root planning procedure per quadrant (D4341 or D4342)
- and 100% coverage for four of the following in any combination:
- Prophylaxis (D1110 or D1120)
- Periodontal maintenance procedure (D4910)
- Scaling in the presence of moderate or severe gingival inflammation (D4346)
If your clients have employees whose medical issues necessitate extra dental care, encourage them to consider adding SmileWay Wellness Benefits to their coverage. These benefits can help keep their employees both smiling and healthy!