As the year comes to a close, you’ll want to set yourself up for success before you take your well-deserved holiday break. Here are four things you can do to bring yourself success in 2022 and beyond.
Renew any required certifications and licenses
The first step to selling success is making sure you can legally sell. Licensing requirements vary from state to state, so check with your state insurance board when it comes time to renew your license or obtain a new one. Some states also require additional certifications to sell certain types of plans, such as California’s certification requirements to sell Covered California plans, so you’ll need to follow up on those as well.
Review the plans you offer
Once you have the licenses and certifications required to sell, you should review the plans in your portfolio. For your potential clients, Delta Dental offers plans through three lines of business:
- Direct plans for individuals and families
- Group plans, including Small Business Program plans and plans for larger groups
- Health care exchange plans
No matter which plans you sell, resources are available to help you answer your clients’ questions and achieve business success.
Review the tools and resources available to you and your clients
Speaking of resources, we have a wide variety of flyers, marketing collateral, websites and apps available to help you sell.
You can make the most of our online tools with an online account. Be sure to log in or create an account if you don’t already have one.
Online resources to help you sell include:
- Individual plan brochures available on the Resources page
- Recurring webinars that offer tips and insights into selling (coming in January 2022!)
- Helpful information about Delta Dental plans available on public exchanges
Plan for the future
Finding success in 2022 will require versatility and flexibility in your sales approach. As the economy continues to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and workers look to change jobs, you may want to diversify the clientele you serve. To that end, make sure to:
- Refresh yourself on the ins and outs of health care exchange plans. The health care exchange page has been updated for 2022 and now includes plan brochures organized by state.
- Consider expanding to individual off-exchange sales if you haven’t already.
- Take a look at Small Business Program plans, which are being expanded to include paired vision coverage from VSP in 2022!
You can also make life easier as a business owner by:
- Doing a little market research into prospective customers and their needs.
- Setting up a unique broker link to simplify getting commissions.
And finally, be sure to subscribe to the Insider Update newsletter to stay on top of the latest features and industry news.
Note: This post was updated to remove references to the broker rewards dashboard. This feature is being updated and is currently unavailable.