Language should never be a barrier to receiving proper care. One in seven people in the U.S. speaks Spanish at home, yet Hispanic adults with limited proficiency in English receive about one third less care when it comes to their health.
In taking steps to bridge this gap, Delta Dental offers a variety of language assistance options for both you and your Spanish-speaking clients with a limited proficiency in English. Whether your clients are looking to improve their health from home or in their dentist’s chair, there is a resource just for them.
Resources for brokers
- Our website, and all its offerings, can be found in Spanish. This includes plan information, wellness articles, videos and even Grin! magazine and is a perfect introduction to Delta Dental for new clients with limited English. You can assist your clients in finding the information they need about their plan by sharing helpful links that have already been translated.
- Plans are also available for purchase on our website. You can refer easily refer Spanish-speaking customers to this translated page, but don’t forget to share your unique broker number to receive credit!
- Flyers are a great way to share important information on common issues and conditions. Business clients with Spanish-speaking team members can access many of our monthly wellness materials and benefits resources translated and ready to print on our Employee Resources page. Looking for a document that’s available in English, but not yet in Spanish? Ask your account executive, and our team will be happy to make a translation available.
Resources for members
- Customer Service is available in Spanish, as well as English. To talk to a representative, members can call 866–530-9675 and dial 8 when prompted. Answers to our most frequently asked questions are also available in Spanish on our website.
- Interpretation services are also available for in-person dental appointments when a Spanish-speaking staff member isn’t available. To request this service, members should contact Customer Service at least 72 hours in advance of an appointment.
- The online dentist directory is not only available in Spanish, but it includes information on which practices have Spanish-speaking staff. Members can use the Refine Search tool to find a Spanish-speaking dentist nearby.
Helping your clients find the right dentist to fit their needs has never been easier. Learn more about Delta Dental’s Language Assistance Program and how it can benefit your diverse clientele.