Language should never be a barrier when it comes to health care. If any of your clients have limited proficiency in English, direct them to Delta Dental’s Language Assistance Program (LAP). This service is free for members and perfect for employees who communicate in languages other than English to better understand their plans or even to communicate with their dentist.
The LAP offers a variety of language accessibility services, including:
- The Delta Dental website in Spanish offers information on Delta Dental’s different plans, as well as articles jampacked with valuable wellness information.
- Customer service is offered in 170 different languages. Simply call 866–530-9675 and request an interpreter.
- Delta Dental’s online dentist directory is available in both Spanish and English and includes the languages spoken by dentists.
- In-person interpretation services are also available for dental visits. If a member can’t find a dentist who speaks their language, Delta Dental can arrange to have an interpreter present during their next appointment. In addition to non-English languages, American Sign Language interpretation can also be requested. All the member needs to do is contact Customer Service at least 72 hours in advance and make the request.
- Document translation to any non-English language can be requested for any written materials. Accessible document formats like braille and audio files can also be requested.
If any of your clients are having trouble communicating with their dentist, call Delta Dental to arrange for a qualified interpreter to help via phone.
Delta Dental telephone numbers for interpretive services:
- State Government Programs: 877–580-1042
- Delta Dental Premier®/Delta Dental PPO™: 888–335-8227
- DeltaCare® USA: 800–422-4234
- DeltaVision®: 888–963-6576
- TTY 711